It was so nice of Shellie from The FABulous Journey to nominate me for the Sisterhood Of The World Bloggers award. Basically, this is a just-for-fun-award that allows our readers to get to know us better and to spread the word about other fabulous, inspiring bloggers we know.
So, here are the rules:
- Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
- Answer the questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10-12 blogs.
- Provide links to these nominated blogs and let the recipients know they have been nominated.
- Ask them ten questions of your own.
- Include the award logo within your blog post.
Shellie’s Questions For Me
1. If you knew then what you know now, what would you have done differently in your 20’s?
I would tell myself to go away for university. I had so many options but chose to go the cheap, easy route which was going to my hometown school. Maybe I wouldn’t still be living in the city I was born in.
2. What is your best skin care tip for mid-life women?
I know this sounds ridiculous, but wash your face every night before you go to bed. My skin would bounce back when I was young and it was usual for me to just fall into bed at the end of a long night. A habit I still find very hard to break.
3. What is number one on your bucket list?
I would have to say that it is to have an extended vacation away from home. It doesn’t even matter where to or if I’m in a caravan. No tenting though. My sleep on the ground days are long over.
4. What is your best piece of advice for a woman who are anticipating the empty nest?
Well since mine are still here, I anticipate re-decorating their rooms, spending money on myself, not waiting in line for the bathroom and having a party with MY friends.
5. What has been your greatest discovery since turning 40?
I would have to say that I am surprised that every year gets better, I like myself more and that I look forward to the future. My greatest discovery is ME.
6. In another 10 years, is it go gray or color all the way?
I haven’t coloured my hair in months and I am trying to see how far I can let this go before giving in. I am so tired of colouring and hope my hair comes in a nice shade of gray. Otherwise, I am thinking highlights but all the way, never more.
7. What is one product you can’t live without?
Unfortunately, the only answer that pops into my head is my mobile. (Yes, I’m that bad.)
8. What physical change has annoyed you most about aging?
Hairs growing where they have no business growing on a woman.
9. What is biggest motivation for being a mid-life blogger?
My biggest motivation is my mind and my heart. I love to pay it forward to new bloggers and to support my blogging community.
10. Where do you find your greatest inspiration?
Everyday, my greatest inspiration comes from other bloggers. I am amazed at the creativity, information and soul baring content that they share so freely in their blogs.
The bloggers I am nominating are all successful in my eyes. My questions, therefore, are all blog related. I know that they are all generous with helping others and I hope I can get some answers that new bloggers would appreciate the answers to.
- Head Heart Health
- Suzie Speaks
- Skinny and Single
- Plagued Parent
- New World Moms
- Boomer Haiku
- Smart Living 365
- Flip Side of the Bikini
- Call Me Crazy
I know that not everyone likes to participate in these awards so please feel free to use the comment section to answer one or more of the following questions if a blog post does not fit your format.
- How did you choose your blog name?
- When did you write your first blog post and what was it about?
- Has your blog changed direction since then?
- What is the most time-consuming task for a blogger?
- How many hours in a day do you spend on your blog related tasks everyday?
- What would you like to see happen more in the blogging community?
- What is the worst piece of blogging advice you have ever read or been given?
- What has been your most read post and what was it about?
- Why do you think it is your most popular post?
- Excluding direct blogging advice, what pearls of wisdom would you give a new blogger?
Wow, this is a great list of questions if I do say so myself! I hope some of these great bloggers will join in. I will be doing a future post referencing their answers and linking to all that participate.
Again, if you choose not to do a post, please note that I would appreciate my nominees participating in the comments below so I can quote you in my future post.
- 3 Tips for Blogging About Topics You Know Nothing About
- 5 Reasons Your Blog Income Is Zero
- How To Find Your Unique Blogging Voice
- 5 Things You Need To Stop Focusing On If You Want Blog Traffic
- How To Double Your Traffic Overnight By Updating Old Posts
- 10 Pinterest Myths That Are Hurting Your Pageviews