I am so excited to share with you how to start a money making blog in minutes with Bluehost. Since starting my first self-hosted blog with WordPress in 2015, I have had over 300,000 pageviews and have made thousands of dollars through advertising, affiliate links and services. I have clients and blogging friends all over the world! I absolutely love blogging and I am so thrilled to offer you the opportunity to follow in my footsteps for the super cheap investment of just a few dollars per month.
I get you and I have been where you are right now. You want to start a blog but you don’t want to make a huge financial commitment till you are sure blogging is right for you. That’s totally OK. Choosing Bluehost is the way to go. With plans starting as low as $3.49/month, you could be on your way to a whole new life today.
SCROLL DOWN FOR STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL OR CLICK HERE TO GET STARTED NOW!
Blogging has allowed me to quit my full-time job and work from home…in my pajamas. And I do that more often than I care to admit. But hey! I am the boss and I decide on my dress code. Also, if you are a regular reader, then you know that in this past year my mom was very ill and I had to take care of her. I am so glad that I was able to spend this last year with her. No other job on the planet would have kept paying me a salary while not putting in the hours. That is the beauty of being your own boss and creating a passive income.
You can create the life you want, spend time with the people that matter to you and have the freedom and flexibility to work when and where you want to.
Absolutely anyone can start a successful blog. And with the low introductory price that Bluehost is offering right now, you can easily make that money back quickly and then some. Plus with a one year plan, you get a free domain name! How awesome is that? All you have to do is act fast as this is a limited time offer from Bluehost using my link.
Bluehost also offers a money back guarantee. Talk about your win-win situation. This company is willing to stand behind their product and their customer service. I have used Bluehost personally and I highly recommend any beginner blogger to start their blog using their hosting services.
Now, I know what you are thinking. “Why can’t I just start a blog on Blogger or the free WordPress platform?” Well, let me tell you that I have done both. Blogger was a total nightmare to use and the free WordPress platform, though great for hobby bloggers, is very limited in features and you don’t own your blog. That’s right. If WordPress chose to take down your site, for any reason, they could. And I have seen it done to friends.
Plus, there are very strict and limiting rules regarding making money on any free platform. If you are starting a blog with the intention of making money, with advertisements, affiliate links, sponsored posts or services, you need to have a self-hosted blog. It gives you a professional image and shows that you are serious about blogging. Bluehost allows you the chance to grow your business while keeping your start up costs low.
If you are currently on the free WordPress platform and are considering a move to self-hosted, check out my easy to follow guide on how to do that all by yourself. I did it and so can you. But remember, the longer you wait to transfer, the more you have to lose in terms of traffic and money. Do it as soon as you become committed to making money with your blog.
Still not convinced? Here are a few more reasons to choose Bluehost as your hosting provider:
- Easy to navigate with on screen step by step instruction if needed.
- One click WordPress installation.
- Chat and technical support available 24 hours a day.
- Affordable monthly plans starting at $3.49/month.
- Free domain name with 12 month package.
- 30 day money back guarantee.
- No contracts. (See Bluehost policies for complete details.)
Are you ready to change your life and start a money making blog? I bet you are! Here we go…
You will need to click on over to Bluehost to start this process. Remember if you have any trouble with the process at any time, click the chat button on Bluehost or contact their technical support. They are super helpful and were able to help me immediately whenever I had problems or questions. Don’t be afraid to contact them.
1. Select your plan
I suggest that you choose the basic 12 month plan for several reasons:
- If this is your first blog, you want to keep your costs low.
- You can upgrade at anytime quickly and efficiently.
- A 12 month plan means that you won’t run the risk of your site going down if your forget to renew your month to month payment or your credit card expires.
2. Choose your domain name
This is probably the thing that will take you the longest to do and will probably give you the most stress. Here is a few tips to help you make your selection:
- Try to have your niche in your domain name if possible (great for SEO)
- Do not have any symbols such as dashes in your name
- Numbers can be confusing. Is it “1” or “one”?
- Don’t use words that can be spelled multiple ways
- Make sure the domain name you want is available on all social media platforms before you start.
- Ask friends, family and other bloggers for input.
3. Create your account
Complete all fields with your personal information.
4. Choose your package
Select the term for your hosting package. The longer the term, the lower the monthly cost. No worries if you do not want to make a 36 month commitment as the $4.95 per month package is still very affordable.
Next, you can choose to uncheck all of the suggested upgrades for your package. The only one that I do recommend is the Domain Privacy. At .99 cents per month it is worth having your private information protected. I registered a domain once and forgot to check it. I started to get mail and phone calls like crazy! Took me awhile to figure out why but once I did and called Bluehost, they had it added to my package for me in seconds.
5. Enter payment information
6. Read policies and check box to accept terms
7. Click submit
8. Create a password
Make sure it is secure. (ie. Combination of capital letters, numbers and symbols) Don’t forget to write it down.
9. Install WordPress
Here is where the magic happens. It is super simple and done in a few clicks. Installing WordPress is free and included with your hosting package.
- Check you email and click the link in your welcome email from Bluehost
- Find “Mojo Marketplace” and click.
- Click the “One Click Install” button.
- Click the WordPress icon on the next page located under “Blogs”.
- Click the “Start” button. WordPress installation will begin.
- Click and choose the domain name you are using from the drop down menu when prompted.
- Once you are taken to “Advanced Options”, choose your username and password that you will be using to sign into your blog. Do not use “Admin” or your name or anything that resembles your domain name. Hackers are very smart. Make sure to use something no one will guess and is a combinations or letters, numbers and symbols. Remember to record this information.
- Check “Automatically create a new database for this installation”.
- Click “Install Now”.
- Check your email for confirmation and login information. I suggest you print this email and keep it in a safe place.
You are a freaking super star! You are now officially a blogger with your very own special place on the internet.
- If you are a brand new blogger, I suggest you use a free WordPress theme till you get familiar with using the platform. Only then will you be able to make an informed decision about purchasing a theme. The key to the right choice is knowing what you need, want and require from your blog’s functionality. Remember that less is always more. Check out my post, 5 Reason’s I Didn’t Read Your Blog. Almost all of the reasons I list, plus the over 300 comments from readers, are design related annoyances that can be avoided.
- Create a few test posts with images and experiment with the layout of your blog.
- Check out other blogger’s designs for inspiration.
- Create your social media profiles using your new domain name.
- Join blogging groups on Facebook for support and information.
- Keep reading and learning about blogging.
- Check out my resources page for a complete list of the tools and plug ins that I use to support my business.