Bloggers are so hard on themselves.
This list was created on my phone this past week while I was sick in bed.
Obviously, I was wallowing.
But I decided to post it because I wanted you to know you are not alone in your thoughts. Even bloggers you perceive as “successful” have these thoughts. The difference is what you do after you have these thoughts:
- you push them away
- you remind yourself how far you have come
- you talk to yourself like you would to another blogger if they were drowning in these thoughts
- you get online and talk to another blogger about your thoughts
- you review your goals and make actionable, time sensitive plans
- you help another blogger over a hurdle they are facing
- you pay it forward
Did you notice that YOU are the one that can turn it around!
Enjoy the list. It’s meant to make you laugh in acknowledgment.
9 Pervasive Thoughts That Scare The Sh*t Out Of Bloggers
- My readers will discover I’m a fraud and that I have no idea what I’m talking about.
- Everyone is better and more successful than I am. And they started blogging after I did. And they’re half my age.
- I can’t enjoy upswings in traffic because inevitably it will tank and I will be crushed.
- I finally figured out how to maximize my presence on “X” social media platform. The algorithm changed later that day.
- The post everyone really liked and gets phenomenal traffic, was written on a whim in five minutes. I’ve tried to duplicate that success. I can’t seem to recreate that magic again.
- The posts I am most proud of, that took me hours to write and research, flopped. I don’t know what these freaking people want from me!
- Should I change my name or my niche or theme…again?
- I’m blank. Totally freaking blank.
- The minute I decide to quit blogging will be the minute before I write the most amazing post ever that brings me instant fame and fortune.
I can’t quit now!
Start your blog journal and keep track of your progress with these FREE printables!