Yesterday, a blogger friend contacted me asking for my advice. It seems one of her students had started a Facebook group much like my friend’s. My bloggy friend was initially thrilled to see that her mentee was growing her business…until she read the group rules and guidelines.
It seems that this newbie copied and pasted my friend’s Facebook group rules. Not a single word changed, paraphrased or deleted. Copied. Pasted.
Now I know what you’re thinking, “It’s just group rules. Your friend holds no copyright.”
I know that.
And that’s why I advised her to ignore and do nothing. But it still stings for her and bugs the shit outta me.
Seriously bloggers. Are you that damn lazy now?
When did it become ok to out and out copy? I see it all the time now. With posts. With pins. With blog names.
Today I actually seen a question in a Facebook group asking how to auto-update someone else’s blog feed onto their own blog. WTF.
We are actually at the point where bloggers are too lazy to even hide the fact that they are stealing other blogger’s work.
- 3 Tips for Blogging About Topics You Know Nothing About
- 5 Reasons Your Blog Income Is Zero
- How To Find Your Unique Blogging Voice
- 5 Things You Need To Stop Focusing On If You Want Blog Traffic
- How To Double Your Traffic Overnight By Updating Old Posts
- 10 Pinterest Myths That Are Hurting Your Pageviews