This past weekend, I had my best pageview day ever, 14,087. I literally spent the day refreshing my app and watching the number go up. Yes, I lead an otherwise boring life outside of blogging. Lol
I am planning a more detailed post that will outline why I believe I get the views I do so easily while others seem to struggle so much but I came across a quote yesterday, watching a sitcom no less, that I found so inspiring, I felt I must share it with you.
Just in case you would like to know exactly where it came from, the show was Mike & Molly. Molly had written a book and had taken it to a writer to be critiqued.
The writer just happened to be a character played by Susan Sarandon. She absolutely hated Molly’s book. Molly was shocked. She had followed the age old advice, “Write what you know.” When she asked Sarandon why that didn’t work for her, Sarandon replied:
Don’t write about what you know. Write about what you don’t want people to know.
Things that make you go hmmmm.
- 3 Tips for Blogging About Topics You Know Nothing About
- 5 Reasons Your Blog Income Is Zero
- How To Find Your Unique Blogging Voice
- 5 Things You Need To Stop Focusing On If You Want Blog Traffic
- How To Double Your Traffic Overnight By Updating Old Posts
- 10 Pinterest Myths That Are Hurting Your Pageviews