Fifty. Unfreaking believable. I know it is a cliché but where did the time go? It seems like yesterday I was finishing university and getting my first “real” job in an Accounting Office.
Being a true Capricorn, I made major job changes every ten years, ending up at the age of 49 at a major international retail company in upper management. Unsatisfied and thankfully supported by my husband, I quit my job and began my journey of self-realization.
I spent the first six months cleaning and being the perfect housewife. And I soon found out that the more I did, the less everyone else did because, “Mom doesn’t work now, she will do it”. Strangely, this thankless and never-ending vocation did nothing to give me direction or purpose.
I literally fell into blogging through a back door, so to speak. My husband was diagnosed with Bipolar very soon after we were married. I would constantly be on social media, connecting with other spouses and people who have the same disorder.
After a few Internet chats, I connected with a woman who had a blog about bipolar. She asked me to write some guest posts from a caregivers’ point of view. Most of those posts have now been transferred and reside on Living With Batman. You can also find me talking about my experiences on YouTube here.
I fell in love with blogging and decided to create my own blog for midlife women. Thus, MakingMidlifeMatter® was born. I like to cover all topics concerning baby boomer women but have an affinity for quality of life posts.
I love to help women find a new purpose and true happiness in the second halves of their lives. There, I hope to create a space that is filled with parts laughter, information and inspiration.
Through hard work and perseverance, that blog grew and grew and continues to be my main source of income. I can legitimately call myself a full-time blogger because of it.
I then decided to start this blog to show other midlife bloggers how they too can start their own blogs and create financial freedom for themselves, just like I did.
Personal, quirky, need to know info about me:
- I am the youngest of 4 siblings.
- I live in the city I was born in.
- Huge, huge Corrie Street fan.
- Deathly afraid of needles
- Ironically, oldest son has type one diabetes.
- Married the man of my dreams (second time’s a charm).
- My husband is a native San Diegan and we hope to retire there.
- Together, we have 4 wonderful children, 3 dogs, 2 cats & one very busy, noisy house!
- We love them all but we are so ready for them to leave.
Join me as I share my humour and bits of wisdom as a woman entering the prime of her life. I’m not afraid, I’m walking towards the light! I look forward to retirement, afternoon naps, 4 o’clock suppers and speaking my mind. Sounds pretty awesome to me!
Thank you for visiting and I hope you enjoy your stay.
- 3 Creative Ways To Position Your Business for Success
- 3 Tips for Blogging About Topics You Know Nothing About
- 5 Reasons Your Blog Income Is Zero
- How To Find Your Unique Blogging Voice
- 5 Things You Need To Stop Focusing On If You Want Blog Traffic
- How To Double Your Traffic Overnight By Updating Old Posts